Cumbria Youth Alliance are looking to recruit a target driven Business Liaison Officer to support our Positive Role Models project. Positive Role Models is an exciting new project that will be delivered to Years 11-13 in schools, giving young people the opportunity to work on their own social action projects. They will research, plan and budget a project and pitch this to a class. They will work with a team of mentors from businesses across Cumbria, who will give advice and guidance from their own experience to support enterprising young minds.
Working closely with the Youth Promise Lead and the Positive Role Model team, the Business Liaison Officer will:
- Build and maintain a network of local, regional and national employers, and manage mutually beneficial relationships with local businesses and community groups.
- Work with senior managers and leadership teams within businesses, organisations and schools to identify prospective mentors to support delivery of the programme.
- Ensure that young people are matched with appropriate mentors to support the project.
- Be proactive, demonstrating drive and desire to make initial contact with employers and be actively involved in supporting employer engagement with the project.
- Liaise and network with businesses to create career pathways for young people in schools by generating interest in potential work placements, traineeships, apprenticeships and job opportunities through relationships with employers and mentors.
- Promote the benefits of proactivity, direct engagement, partnership working and social involvement with the local community.
- Provide ongoing support to employers and young people accessing opportunities beyond the project delivery.
- Represent Cumbria Youth Alliance at partnership meetings, business forums and local enterprise events
The post holder will require a DBS check, must hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
This role is funded by the Charities Aid Foundation.
- Source and secure appropriate mentoring opportunities with employers.
- Working with employers to identify job roles for jobseekers and work with employers to tailor vacancy requirements to support the needs of applicants.
- Develop a good understanding of employers, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment.
- Develop and deliver an effective on-boarding service with the aim of improving sustainability rates and repeat business.
- Understand and maintain current knowledge of labour markets.
- Maintain accurate contact records, update management systems to support delivery and programme reporting requirements.
- Recognise skills gap within local labour markets and support employers with developing new ways of working.
- Manage employer relationships to develop and sustain an effective business network.
- Organise and attend networking and employer events to promote CYA and its programmes
- Integrate with the wider team and share knowledge to benefit the holistic development of the programme.
- Offer advice to both employers and young people on pay rates, training, and career progression.
Key Responsibilities: Partnership/Business Development
- Aid in the strategic management of employer relationships.
- Support in the establishment of new geographically and/or sector focused employer relationships to meet future programme requirements.
- Develop, manage, and supply reports on an employer engagement database.
- To meet identified programme performance and quality
- Integrate with wider team and share knowledge to benefit the holistic development of programmes.
- To operate in a pro-active and innovative manner, to generate solutions which support a diverse customer base into sustainable employment, supporting a belief in the young person’s ability to be employed throughout.
- Follow all organisational policy, procedures, and systems.
- To be aware of and assume the right level of responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and to report any concerns following the organisation’s safeguarding policies.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
To download the full job description and person specification please CLICK HERE
To apply please download and complete the application pack and send back to email@example.com
Equality and diversity form