This is an external organisation opportunity and not a Cumbria Youth Alliance position.
Position: Youth Worker
2nd Maryport Scout Group is seeking a dedicated and passionate Qualified Youth Worker to join our team and support the growth and development of and use of our Scout Centre by youth and community organisations. As a Qualified Youth Worker, you will play a pivotal role in creating a safe, inclusive, and engaging environment for young people aged 4 to 18 years old. Your primary responsibility will be to facilitate and assist in the delivery high-quality programs and activities that promote personal and social development.
- Program Development: Support Volunteers who plan, organize, and implement a diverse range of activities and programs.
- Youth Engagement: support volunteers in positive engagement with young members, Safety and Well-being: Ensure the safety and well-being of all volunteers, young members during activities activities and maintain compliance with safety regulations and emergency protocols.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with volunteers to coordinate joint activities and facilitate a cohesive and supportive Scouting community.
- Community Engagement: Build strong relationships with parents, caregivers, and the local community, advocating for the importance of youth participation and its positive impact on youth development
- Inclusivity and Diversity: Embrace and promote inclusivity and diversity within the Centre, fostering an environment that respects and celebrates individual differences.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of activities and achievement providing regular reports to the Group Scout Leader and relevant stakeholders.
- Youth work qualification at level 3 or above.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of experience working with youth in a formal or informal educational setting, preferably within the youth organization context.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and securing funding from diverse sources.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective interaction with youth, parents, volunteers, and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge: Possess a good understanding of youth movements principles, methodologies, and programs.
- Safeguarding Awareness: Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Flexibility: Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate youth activities and events.
Working hours and salary in negotiable dependent on experience.
If you are an enthusiastic and qualified youth worker committed to making a positive impact on the lives of young people, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity with 2nd Maryport Scout Group. Together, let's inspire the leaders of tomorrow and shape a brighter future for our community.
Please send CV with covering letter stating why you believe you have the skills and motivation to succeed as our Youth Worker to the following email address - Mike Robertson: email@example.com