This is an external organisation opportunity and not a Cumbria Youth Alliance position.
Position: Development Officer
The 2nd Maryport Scout Group is seeking an Experienced Development Officer to join our team and help drive the growth and use of our Scout Centre by youth and community organisations. As a Development Officer, you will be responsible for identifying potential funding sources, developing relationships with funders, and implementing fundraising campaigns to support the group's programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to support the project’s programs and initiatives
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential funders, sponsors, and partners.
- Research and identify potential funding sources, including government grants, corporate partnerships, and individual funders.
- Write grant proposals and manage the grant application process.
- Develop and maintain a funding database and manage funder relations.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events and campaigns.
- Prepare and present reports on fundraising efforts and outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the group's leadership team to develop and implement new initiatives and programs.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including charity and tax laws.
- Youth work qualification at level 3 or above.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising or development.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and securing funding from diverse sources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with Funding bodies and partners.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, including funding prospecting, stewardship, and grant writing
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector and the ability to stay up-to-date on trends and best practices.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
Working hours and salary in negotiable dependent on experience.
The Development Officer will play a crucial role in the success of the Project working to secure the resources needed to provide high-quality programs and experiences for our members. If you are a driven, collaborative, and strategic thinker with a passion for supporting youth development, we encourage you to apply.
Please send CV with covering letter stating why you believe you have the skills and motivation to succeed as our Development Officer to the following email address - Mike Robertson: firstname.lastname@example.org